Note to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers: The links below contain names and images of Indigenous people who have passed.
It’s hard to know the right thing to do at the moment, I recognise my privilege as a white cis female and don’t want to take away any time from the BIPOC community. I do want to share my platform to help. I figured that I’ve shared so much in regards to other matters that sharing a list of resources for BLM and more specifically, those that are close to home, the Australian based information.
I’m not the first to do this and it’s by far not a fully comprehensive list. Feel free to leave links with more info. I’ve also been sharing what I can on my Instagram. I’ll continue updating this, I just wanted to get it up with info before the protests.
If I’m made any errors, please feel free to correct me.
Other Compiled Lists & Articles
AUS/US Donations & Resources by Nearvously <— This is the most comprehensive list I’ve come across and definitely something you should check out.
Twitter Thread of First Nation Campaigns by Hayden_seek94
Indigenous Organisations That Need Our Funds by tmiti_
Donate: Support Blak Australians #BLM by Kirapuru
Ways you can help.
Instagram Post by Flex Mami with lots of tagged creators, public figures & entertainers.
List of Anti-Racism books on Goodreads put together by Katie
Anti-Racism Activists to follow on Instagram.
Anti-Racism Podcasts to listen to.
This Triple J article is also a good read.
Black & Indigenous Australian businesses
Supply Nation – Supply Nation is a database of verified Indigenous businesses.
Buy Indigenous – Buy Indigenous is a website showcasing Indigenous stores.
Not a store, but Aus Indigenous Fashion on Instagram showcases the amazing talent of Indigenous Australians in the fashion scene.
USA based Links & Info
- Instagram list of Black owned accounts to follow & Learn from.
- Twitter thread of Black Owned Businesses you can order from online.
- Twitter thread/graphic of Black owned make-up/ skincare / hair & fashion brands.
- The Mad Mommy has compiled a list of over 400 Etsy stores that are Black owned.
- Grrrlspells has put together a list on Black Owned Goth & Alternative brands. Part One. Part Two.
- 55+ Black-Owned Plus Size Clothing Brands You Can Support by Stylish Curves